Monday, July 15, 2013

One Little Word #73 FIERCE

Word Up is on the blog.  Coming to you from Revlie. She tells the story of what happened to her little boy Rueben and how she turned her fear and worry for him into some fierce momma love.  Love that lady.

"and though she be but little, she is fierce." Is a quote I have used before for OLW.  I thought of it again when I was thinking of this this word.  Like Revlie, I at once new I wanted to use the word to describe myself as a mother.  In everyday life I am for the most part very gracious and polite.  Mess with my kids and you have a force to be reckoned with.  Just ask the rabid raccoon I strangled.  


I used the technique I discovered while creating a blog post for Ronda, HERE.  It's modeling past on transparency.  I love how it gives such dimension, allowing the layers underneath to show.  

This word brought up some big feelings for me.  I am fierce about many things and I have a heart of a lion.  I know myself in this way but sometimes I think I need to keep it hidden so others wont be threatened or disapprove.  Mothering with a fierce momma heart is what feels natural and right to me.  It's also something that is less necessary now that the boys are older and it is time for me to step back more and let them be in charge of themselves.  It's hard.  I feel like I have less space for that fierceness. and yet it is a part of me.  What do I channel it into now?

7 comments:

Lenna Young Andrews said...

love this Denise and your writing about it too. If you need to step back to let your boys be their own men now, try to move your focus on being passionate about other callings you may have stepped back on. You'll know when it hits you what needs your attention and you will have the energy to give it all you've got, you mighty fierce woman : )
love, lenna

Ann said...

What an expressive page through the black, the scribbles, the heart. Great job, and it sounds like you are a great mom, too!
- Ann Jobes
www.lovestnpaper.com

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeeee the paint and the mix of everything is amazing!!!

Sherry C said...

Beautiful, Denise! You are fierce and amazing! ♥

Michelle Hernandez said...

This page is so FAB!!!' I had to immediately try the light mdimg paste technique- It solves a lot if issues I have with mixed media.

AnnaB said...

I love this so much Denise!

Rulya said...

–°ool! very beautiful!