Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cocoa Daisy Day of Inspiration Blog Hop


Hi! Welcome to my stop on the Cocoa Daisy Day of Inspiration Blog Hop! You should have come from Ashley Calder's magical blog. If you’re starting here, be sure to go to the Cocoa Daisy blog and check out the rest of the team’s bags!  We also have some fun scrapping and chatting going on today as well as a super fun BINGO game on Sunday 2pm EST.  Please stop by and say hello.

I had so much fun making this bag.  I will say though, that it took several layers of paint and color to get it right.  In fact, at one point I hated it and wanted to give up.  I tell you this as a reminder to not give up on a project if you don't like it at first.  Sometimes if you keep going, you will really like it.



I used acrylic paints for the background and some Maya Mist sprays which I heat set to make them permanent.  I then copied the Audrey Hepburn image onto t shirt transfer paper and ironed it onto some very sheer material I had.  I cut out the image and used gel medium to adhere it to my bag.  The words, BE FABULOUS I stamped with my Cocoa Daisy Alpha onto white tissue paper with Archiver's ink and used the gel medium to adhere to bag.  The gel medium makes the tissue paper disappear. This is a technique I learned from Claudine Hellmuth at CHA this winter.

I have a fun give away for this blog hop. Lots of goodies!  There is also a bundle of pretty papers for you to enjoy.  Please leave a comment here on my blog and LIKE our Cocoa Daisy page on FB if you haven't already.  I will pick a random winner on Monday May 6th at 8am EST.  I will announce the winner on May 7th (my birthday!!)


Next stop is Emily Pitts.  Have fun!


Here is a full list of the Design Team links.
  1. 1.     Alissa Fast
    2.     Anna Bjorkland
    3.     Ashley Calder
    4.     Denise Morrison
    5.     Emily Pitts
    6.     Jaime Warren
    7.     Jody Ferlaak
    8.     Kim Stewart
    9.     Lisa Saunders



36 comments:

Peg Hewitt said...

Hi Denise :-)
I LOVE your bag, the trouble was so worth it, looks amazing!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!

julee said...

what a fun bag. It's Fabulous!
Julie

BlessedinTexas said...

Love this and life today. So much fun here at CD and NSD, happy happy happy!!

Debbie Pereira said...

Your bad is fantastic!

Ally said...

Honestly, I cannot get over these! Gorgeous!

Tatiana said...

Love it!

Angi Barrs said...

EEEK! I'm such a fan of classic Hollywood. Love your fab bag. I'm also a CD fan on Facebook. :)

Kelly in Canada said...

i love audrey and i love your bag. your colours are spot on!

Renee said...

This bag is a-dor-able! So freaking cute!!!

Suzanne said...

squee! love!

Natalie Elphinstone said...

This bag is really amazing! Thank goodness you didn't give up ;-)
xxx
PS. I already Like CD on Facebook

Studiolizzette said...

Denise, Wow! So glad you kept going, your bag is gorgeous the Audrey Hepburn image is such a great touch! Love your style. Take care

Lisa said...

Stunning! You are as stunning as the lovely Audrey! The colors and design--I'm beside myself!

Miriam Prantner said...

The background you created is amazing! What a great bag! Thanks for the chance to win and hope you are having a great pre-birthday weekend!

mfortunato said...

Pretty bag!! And thanks for the tip (from Claudine) about the tissue paper and gel medium.

Sherry C said...

I ♥ everything about this bag!!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!

Katy Young said...

Love it!

Jasmine Ko said...

Love the textures in your bag. Plus, who can go wrong with Audrey Hepburn?! :)

sherba31 said...

How pretty! Thanks for the chance to win!

mforquer said...

Holy smokes this is stunning. I love all the gorgeous vibrant color and adding the large image of Hepburn is freaking amazing. Love!
Hugs
M

Jeanette Nyström (Jeany) said...

Totally awesome! I looove the background and the cool transfer!! I like CD on Facebook!

jbonomo said...

Ahhh....who could not love audrey? Love the colors and the words! Thank you and have fun today.

Stephanie Rodgers said...

This.bag.is.fabulous! Love that background of color!

Anne P said...

What a totally awesome and fun bag.

Heidi Y said...

Your bag is soo cool!!! Glad you didn't quit. Thax for the chance!!

Heidi Y said...

Your bag is soo cool!!! Glad you didn't quit. Thax for the chance!!

gleestormont said...

oh Happy birthday!!
yellow and aqua and cocoa brown, heavenly! And for sure I liked CD on FB. thanks. (way to rock the audrey hep, too!)

Marti said...

Just WOW!!!! Denise, I love it! Cool tip about stamping the letters on the white tissue- will have to try that.
Already like CD on FB. :)

Ann Cicilie said...

Sounds like you've had a great time playing with this one - and the result turned out great even if you met some bumps during the process!

Great idea transferring that image to your bag :)

And yes, I am a CD Facebook follower:)

Laura said...

Fab bag, I'm so pleased you didn't give up half way through! :)
I like CD on FB too!

artisticexplorations.com said...

LOVE your bag! The paint background is beautiful!

Pam said...

STUNNING ! LOVE LOVE LOVE this !!!

Andrea Amu said...

Happy early Birthday, Denise!
I think your bag is fabulous! The photo transfer looks awesome.

Beth Perry said...

that's what I love about art and painting...you can just keep adding on layers until you get to something you like! very cool bag, girl! hope you had a great weekend!

Marie/Mison said...

I just love, love, love your bag!!!