Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Word Up #67 RESOLUTION

Karla's turn.  Positively perfect and fitting for this time of year.  We all start out January with such high expectations, wanting to work on improving things.  I try to strip it down and keep it as simple as possible.  So for this one I really thought about a resolution that could work.

I RESOLVE to pay attention.  I am busy and move quickly through many, many things during a single day.  I sometimes wish I could slow down but that just isn't possible right now, and it's okay.  That doesn't mean I can't pay attention.  I have the movie Amelie in mind when I say that.  When she puts her hand in the bag of lentils, she is paying attention.  It just takes snippets of time through out the day.  The warmth of my coffee cup in the morning, how nice my lotion smells, how pretty the light looks streaming through a bathroom window I am cleaning.  The deep sigh when I step over the threshold of my home after a long day of work.



Please join us, we love it when you do.

6 comments:

Jeanet said...

This is beautiful Denise!! loving all the details and I love your journaling! Beautiful words and a good advice to enjoy those little snippets of time in the day! Sometimes I love the little moments of real attention.

MandyKay said...

this is stunning and inspiring. I think we all could use a reminder to slow down and pay attention.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love!! LOVING the colors and the hexagons ... and loving the meaning behind it! So happy I got to meet you ... even if only for a moment!! :)

Christa said...

I love the pink! Pink! Pink! Gorgeous black makes a contrast too.

Sharmaine Kruijver said...

gorgeous page and message.
Love you my special friend and so greatful I have been able to chat to you in real life.

Ann said...

I love that you created a background _ looks beautifully watercoloury loveliness, and then covered up a lot of it, yet we know it's there, and then you created more beauty on that patterned piece. Adore your scribbles.
- Ann
www.lovestnpaper.com